As well as exploring the Christchurch Anglican Diocesan Archives, researchers of matters Anglican will find the following websites useful:
- Auckland Diocesan Archives for the archives of the Diocese of Auckland and Te Pihopatanga o te Tai Tokerau
- Alexander Turnbull Library for the Wellington Diocesean Archives
- Diocese of Nelson
- Diocese of Polynesia – contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
- Diocese of Waiapu – archival records not available at present.
- Diocese of Waikato – Some material (eg Baptism, Marriage and Burial Records are held at the John Kinder Theological Library) contact email@example.com in the first instance.
- Hocken Library for the Dunedin Diocesan Archives
- Blain Biographical Directory of Anglican Clergy of the South Pacific which can be found within the Project Canterbury website
- Cable Biographical Directory of Australian Clergy
- Church Papers Online/Mga Pepa Hāhi ā Ipurāgi
- John Kinder Theological Library, National New Zealand Committees and Commissions, Publications
The following schools have archives:
- Christ’s College
- St Margaret’s College
- Craighead Diocesan School
- Cathedral Grammar School, held at the Christchurch Anglican Diocesan Archives, access must be agreed to by the school.
- St Michael’s Church Day School, some records are held at the Christchurch Anglican Diocesan Archives, access to some material must be agreed by the school.
- Victory Memorial School, some material is held by the Christchurch Anglican Diocesan Archives.
Digitized Church Newspapers
The following newspapers for the Diocese of Christchurch can be found at:
Church Papers Online Nga Pepa Hāhi ā Ipurāngi – http://kinderlibrary.outofprint.co.nz/
Not all volumes are available in the following periods:
The Church Quarterly Paper 1861 – 1866
The Church Magazine 1876-1877
Church News 1911 – 1946
These papers have been digitized through the John Kinder Theological Library Out of Print Project.
More papers will be available in the future.