Working for the Anglican Diocese of Christchurch
The Diocese of Christchurch is in the process of re-imagining itself after 13,000 earthquakes and aftershocks. We are a bit tired after 5.5 years of earthquake response but we are in good heart.
What we really need are additional clergy and lay leaders who have energy, vision and creativity for a new day dedicated to God’s great glory, in the name of Jesus the risen Saviour through the power of the Holy Spirit.
If you feel God is calling you to come and join the Diocese of Christchurch, we want to hear from you. What are your gifts and passions? What sort of spiritual disciplines keep you in touch with God? How do you best express your creativity? Finally, what can you offer a city and Diocese that is badly bruised yet populated by disciples deeply dedicated to the service and worship of Jesus our Lord who is ever ancient and ever new.
Below we list our present vacancies which include someone with a vision for leadership in the area of children and families ministries and a number of parishes. In the words of Jesus in the Gospel of John, “Come and see”.
How to apply
To inquire about one of the vacancies listed below please phone: 03 348 6701.
To apply for one of the vacancies listed below please send us your:
And, if applicable:
- a response to the relevant church profile (three page limit)
- a statement about your personal approach to ministry
Applications can be sent to: email@example.com.
St. Christopher’s Avonhead
St Christopher’s is a dynamic Anglican church of 300+ people who love the Lord Jesus. With schools and the University close by, our vision is to reach out to the next generation with the good news of Christ as well as continue growing as a church into Christ-like maturity.
Following the appointment of a new Vicar earlier this year, we are eager to grow our staff team
to work in equipping God’s people for our shared vision.
We’re aiming to appoint a full time Associate Minister. Could this be you, or someone that you know? If yes, we’re eager to talk.
We are prayerfully seeking a Christian minister who:
- Loves the Lord Jesus and has a desire to see God’s people grow into Christlike maturity.
- Has a heart to reach people from many backgrounds with the good news of God’s grace.
- Has evidence of a life of discipleship in following Jesus.
- Welcomes the Protestant, Reformed and outwardly engaged stance of modern Anglican mission and ministry.
- Has been used by God in bringing people to new life in Christ, and growing people up in Christian faith, love and service.
- Servant-hearted, humble and energetic in taking risks to grow the influence of the gospel with the next generation.
- A theological degree to a Bachelors or higher level at an evangelical College.
- Able to teach the Bible with clarity, conviction and care.
- A willingness to work collaboratively in a team environment with an ability to train leaders and co-ordinate ministry teams.
- Anglican ordination and some years of experience are desirable.
It is envisaged that the right person might take a leading role in pastoring our families congregation, with responsibility for young adults also. The role has flexibility for the right applicant, in order to make best use our collective abilities in the Lord’s service.
This is a full-time role, working collegially with the Vicar. The role has the normal requirements and expectations around ethical Christian character, as well as routine police vetting checks for working with children.
For more information about our church, contact our Parish Manager through our website or via our office firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (03) 358 8780 or +64 3 358 8780.
Please send your application the Bishop of Christchurch with a CV, and a statement about your faith and personal approach to ministry: email@example.com.
Closing date is Friday 15 September 2017.
Cathedral Grammar School
As one of the country’s oldest primary schools, Cathedral Grammar is building on the extraordinary foundations of it s past to create a school for the future. We do not claim to know exactly what sort of world the children of today will inhabit in 20, 50 or 75 years but we know that it will be a world that requires the best possible physical, intellectual, creative, social and values-based development of our young people, today.
Cathedral Grammar has strong connections with the Christchurch Cathedral and the culture and ethos of the School are strongly rooted in the Anglican tradition.
- Strong educational experience, preverably at a primary school level, including understanding of current and emerging trends in pedagogy
- Strong Christian faith and understanding of Anglicanism and its practice within an educational setting
- Understanding of governance and the role of the Board
- Communication skills including the courage to ask questions and the capacity to listen.
Appointments to the Board are made by ChristChurch Cathedral Chapter. All appointments are for a term of 3 years.
A position description and other information may be found online at:
Applications close on Friday 11 August at 5:00pm