2021 Diocesan Synod—Saturday 20 November 2021
This is a continuation of the First Session of the 55th Christchurch Diocesan Synod
This page has all the information Parishes need for the upcoming 2021 Synod—please note that Synod ran online from 7-9pm on Thursday the 2nd and Friday the 3rd of September.
A one day Synod, in person, for voting members only, is being held on Saturday 20 Nov, to deal with material that needs to be discussed in person, COVID dependent.
On Friday 19 Nov there will be two Synod services, 6pm and 7:30pm at the Transitional Cathedral, attended by voting Synod Representatives.
Unfortunately due to COVID Alert Level limitations it is not possible to extend an open invitation to parishioners.
However, should parishioners wish to join in via Zoom, the link for the 6pm service on Friday is: HERE
In person Synod at St Christopher’s Church, Avonhead, 20 Nov 2021
The in person synod will be the last of the synod meetings this year and will conclude the synod precedings.
This will take place at St Christopher’s Church, Avonhead and will be held in two spaces with a maximum capacity of 100 persons each. Doors open at 8:30am for a 9am start.
Below are three documents outlining the synod logistics that the Diocesan Manager has issued to all voting members of Synod.
For any inquiries contact DioManager@anglicanlife.org.nz
- Instructions for Synod on Saturday 20 Nov Instructions
- Clergy allocation (to hall or church spaces) Clergy
- Laity allocation (to hall or church spaces) Laity
(Last updated 17 Nov 2021)
Synod via Zoom
This is the information you will need for participating in a Zoom based Synod
- The email sent to Synod Members on the 25th of August can be seen here.
- The latest Bills and Motions (which are quite dynamic) can be see here.
- The order paper for the Zoom Synod can be seen here.
- The list of instructions for this Zoom Synod can be seen here
(Last updated 31 August 2021)
Please Note: Information will be added to this page as it becomes available during the course of the year.
- Download the Memo and Synod Timetable for 2021. This memo was sent to all Parishes and Synod members in January this year.
- For any queries about September’s Diocesan Synod please contact the Diocesan Manager Edwin Boyce.
- For a list of synod representatives from your parish, click here: download here (Note that this will change after the round of 2021 Parish AGM’s)
- Synod Representatives—What you always wanted to know about Synod but were afraid to ask!
Yearbook and Report book of the Diocese of Christchurch 2021
- Reports and Financial information is available here.
Synod Presidential Address:
- Bishop Peter’s Presidential Address to Synod is available here.
Synod Service Link:
- Synod Service Link will be available here
- The Order of Service TBA
Bills and Motions
- The Bills and Motions for Synod 2021
- Information with respect to elections to be held at Synod 2021 can be found here
Pre Synod Meetings
- More information as events on the home page of this web site.
|6 August||St Peter’s Church||Upper Ricc/Yaldhurst||7-9pm|
|10 August||St John the Baptist Church||Rangiora||7-9pm|
|11 August||by Zoom||Meeting ID: 991 3620 0305||12-2pm|
|11 August||St Peter’s Church Hall||Temuka||6:30-8:30pm|