2021 Diocesan Synod—2-4 September 2021
This is the First Session of the 55th Christchurch Diocesan Synod
This page has all the information Parishes need for the upcoming 2021 Synod—please note that Synod is now going to run online from 7-9pm on Thursday the 2nd and Friday the 3rd of September. A possibility for a one day Synod on a Saturday, to deal with material that needs to be discussed in person, is also being considered and will be COVID dependent
Synod via Zoom
This is the information you will need for participating in a Zoom based Synod
- The email sent to Synod Members on the 25th of August can be seen here.
- The latest Bills and Motions (which are quite dynamic) can be see here.
- The order paper for the Zoom Synod can be seen here.
- The list of instructions for this Zoom Synod can be seen here
(Last updated 31 August 2021)
Please Note: Information will be added to this page as it becomes available during the course of the year.
- Download the Memo and Synod Timetable for 2021. This memo was sent to all Parishes and Synod members in January this year.
- For any queries about September’s Diocesan Synod please contact the Diocesan Manager Edwin Boyce.
- For a list of synod representatives from your parish, click here: download here (Note that this will change after the round of 2021 Parish AGM’s)
- Synod Representatives—What you always wanted to know about Synod but were afraid to ask!
Yearbook and Report book of the Diocese of Christchurch 2021
- Reports and Financial information is available here.
Synod Presidential Address:
- Bishop Peter’s Presidential Address to Synod is available here.
Synod Service Link:
- Synod Service Link will be available here
- The Order of Service TBA
Bills and Motions
- The Bills and Motions for Synod 2021
- Information with respect to elections to be held at Synod 2021 can be found here
Pre Synod Meetings
- More information as events on the home page of this web site.
|6 August||St Peter’s Church||Upper Ricc/Yaldhurst||7-9pm|
|10 August||St John the Baptist Church||Rangiora||7-9pm|
|11 August||by Zoom||Meeting ID: 991 3620 0305||12-2pm|
|11 August||St Peter’s Church Hall||Temuka||6:30-8:30pm|