Second Session of the 54th Christchurch Diocesan Synod, 5-7 September 2019
Christchurch Diocesan Synod ran from Thursday 5 September to Saturday 7 September, 2019, at St Christopher’s Church Avonhead.
Yearbook of the Diocese of Christchurch 2019
- The Yearbook for 2019, as at September 2019, is available for download here.
- The Diocesan Synod 2019 report book that has previously been included in the back of the yearbook.
Bishop Peter Carrell’s Presidential Address to Synod 2019
- Bishop Peter Carrell’s address to Synod can be downloaded here.
- This address is also available as an audio file. Click here to download and listen to.
OR click play below.
A Visual Story of Synod 2019.
- See this here.
- For a list of synod representatives from your parish, click here: Synod
- Synod Representatives—What you always wanted to know about Synod but were afraid to ask!
- A claim for travel to Synod by rural parishes travelling to Synod can be made by filling out this form. Note that there is only one claim per parish. Please remember to include bank account details.
Bills and Motions passed at Synod Thursday 5 September to Saturday 7 September, 2019,
- The Bills and Motions passed at Synod are available to be downloaded here
Elections at Synod 2019
- Results of our elections at Synod:
- Church Property Trustees: Sammy Mould, Robert Bijl, Peter Flannery
- Craighead Diocesan School Board: Rev’d Josh Taylor
- Lay Diocesan Nominator: Sammy Mould
- Anglican Care Trust Board: Rev’d Peter Beck
- St Michael’s School Board: Rev’d Lynnette Lightfoot
- Standing Committee: Rev’d Tony Kippax, David Prosser
- General Synod:
- Clergy representatives: Ven. Mark Barlow; Rev’d Stephanie Robson; Rev’d Toby Behan.
- Lay representatives: Byron Behm; Wanjiru Mariuki; Sue Robb; Vivienne Jackson