Diocesan Synod September 2019
Christchurch Diocesan Synod runs from Thursday 5 September to Saturday 7 September, 2019.
The Synod Eucharist is at the Transitional Cathedral, and Synod proper is at St Christopher’s Avonhead.
For a list of synod representatives from your parish, click here: Synod.
- Thursday 5th September – Synod Eucharist 7:00 pm at the Transitional Cathedral, Hereford Street.
- Friday and Saturday sessions will be at St Christopher’s Church, 224 Avonhead Road.
- Sign in desk will be open, and tea/coffee available 8:30 am-9:00 am Friday
- Friday Sessions begin at 9:00 am and finish with Evening Prayer at 5:30 pm.
- Please Note that there is no evening meal. Local Synod members are encouraged to invite those from out of town to a meal.
- Saturday Sessions begin at 9:00 am and finish with prayer at 4:15 pm
Bills and Motions
- Bills and motions for Synod 2019 as at 15 August 2019 are available for download here.
(Please note that these may be subject to change prior to Synod)
Reports to Synod 2019
- The Synod 2019 reports are available for download here. (as at 1 August 2019)
- The Synod 2019 financial reports are available for download here.
The review of Title D of the Canons of the Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia
- The Memorandum regarding the reform of Title D is available for download here.
- The draft version of the reformed Title D is available for download here.
Elections at Synod 2019
- The background information around elections for Synod 2019 is available for download here.
Nomination forms relevant to Synod 2019
- The nomination form for General Synod is available for download here. Please print on Yellow/Gold paper if available.
- The nomination form for the Christchurch Diocesan Synod is available for download here. Please print on Blue paper if available.
- Synod Representatives—What you always wanted to know about Synod but were afraid to ask!
Diocesan Synod September 2018
Bills and Motions passed at Synod Friday 7th and Saturday 8th of September 2018.
- Bills and Motions passed at Synod are available for download Bills and Motion passed at Synod 2018