Diocesan Synod September 2018
The Diocesan Synod is on 6–8 September 2018.
- Thursday 6 September Eucharist Service at the Transitional Cathedral
- Friday and Saturday 7–8 September at St Christopher’s Church, 244 Avonhead Rd, Christchurch.
The 1st session of the 54th Synod of the Diocese of Christchurch coming soon
Registration for the Diocesan Synod is now closed. If you have not yet registered please contact the Diocesan Office urgently.
- Clergy and lay members of the 54th Synod of the Diocese of Christchurch will by now have received a Synod Report Book and information about elections
- The 54th-Synod-Bills-and-Motions-2018-v10.pdf is now available. All Diocesan Synod members should make themselves familiar with these Bill and Motions prior to attending
- The General Synod GSTHW-Statutes-2018.pdf are also available. All Diocesan Synod members should make themselves familiar with these statutes prior to attending
- Any new synod’s people might also like to read the synod manual Synod Representatives—What you always wanted to know about Synod but were afraid to ask!
- The Christ’s College report to Synod was mistakenly left out of the Report Book. This report is available for download here. Our apologies to Christ’s College for this oversight.
Pre-Diocesan Synod Meetings complete
Pre-Synod meetings were available in each Archdeaconry for July, starting on Thursday 5 July and finishing on Wednesday 25 July. These meetings were open to all members of the Diocese but in particular they are intended to provide Synod members, both clergy and laity, the opportunity to hear about and to discuss the matters being presented to Synod in September.
|South Canterbury||Thursday 5 July||St Peter’s Temuka||6-8pm|
|Christchurch||Thursday 12 July||St. Paul’s Papanui Lounge||7-9pm|
|Irakehu||Friday 13 July||St Mary’s Halswell||7-9pm|
|North Canterbury||Tuesday 17 July||St Barnabas Woodend||7-9pm|
|Mid Canterbury||Thursday 19 July||St Stephens Ashburton||7-9pm|
|Selwyn||Sunday 22 July||St Silas Redwood||7-9pm|
|Pegasus||Wednesday 25 July||St Chads Linwood||7-9pm|
Annual Returns, Statistics and Reports – some still outstanding
Annual Statistics were due into the Diocesan Office at the end of March, and Annual Returns were due within 10 days of each parish’s AGM. This information is needed for this Diocesan Synod but unfortunately we have still not received these from many parishes. Please check and if this is outstanding for your parish, help us by getting them to us as fast as possible.
Diocesan Synod Bills and Motions – closed
Bills and Motions to be presented at Synod have now closed.
However, Synod Standing Orders allow for motions that arise out of reports and materials circulated prior to Synod (and that have also been discussed and endorsed by a pre-Synod Archdeaconry meeting or the Diocesan Youth Forum) to be submitted by written notice (with the name of the mover and seconder) to the Diocesan Manager no later than one month before the first day of a new session of Synod. Therefore the closing date for such motions is midnight Sunday 5 August 2018.
If you have any questions about any of this, contact the Diocesan Manager on email@example.com.
Christ’s College Synod Report
The Christ’s College report to Synod was mistakenly left out of the Report Book. This report is available for download here.
Our apologies to Christ’s College for this oversight.