2022—The Second Session of the 55th Christchurch Diocesan Synod
This page has all the information Parishes need for the upcoming 2022 Synod which runs 1-3 September. The format of this Synod will be dependent on the COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time.
- 1 Sep—Synod Eucharist at the Transitional Cathedral
- 2-3 Sep—Second Session of the 55th Synod at St Christophers, Avonhead.
2022 Pre-Synod meeting dates and locations:
CHRISTCHURCH: Tuesday 26 July / 7-9pm / St Peter’s Church Upper / Riccarton
SOUTH CANTERBURY: Tuesday 9 August / 6:30-8:30pm / St Peter’s Parish Centre / Temuka
ANY: Wednesday 10 August / 1-3pm / Zoom (Meeting ID: 940 6437 2683)
NORTH CANTERBURY: Wednesday 10 August / 7-9pm / Church of St John the Baptist / Rangiora
Please Note: Information will be added to this page as it becomes available during the year.
- Download the Memo and Synod Timetable for 2022. This memo was sent to all Parishes and Synod members in January this year.
- For any queries about September’s Diocesan Synod please contact the Diocesan Manager Edwin Boyce.
- A downloadable PDF version of this list is available download here.
- Synod Representatives—What you always wanted to know about Synod but were afraid to ask!
Synod Presidential Address:
- Bishop Peter’s Presidential Address to Synod will be available after Synod
Synod Service Link:
Bills and Motions
- The Bills and Motions for Synod 2022 will be available from July 1.
- Information with respect to elections to be held at Synod 2022 will be available from July 1.
- Information about these meetings will be published once dates, times and venues are known.