- This event has passed.
BIKETOBER—Pedal to Prayer Weekend (9-11 Oct)
October 9 - October 11
BIKETOBER is coming up and so is the
Pedal to Prayer Weekend (9-11 Oct)
The Pedal to Prayer Weekend is a fun way to get to church while helping the planet.
This is multi-faith event and people are encouraged to participate on their day of worship, which for most of us is Sunday.
To take part is simple:
- share the Facebook Event event on your church’s FB page and/or your own personal one
- create a poster to encourage your members to cycle or walk to church that weekend
- appoint a bike champion to encourage others
- offer to help reticent or ‘in need of encouragement’ members, including helping people borrow a bike and helmet if required
- organise a local walking bus or cycle group to snake their way to church together (being safe of course).
Speak to your Vicar about adding something into the worship service about taking care of our planet and each other. It could be a talk, a prayer, the sermon, a song or all of the above.
Maybe you could also install a bike rack at church? Or have a day to refurbished or repair bikes for people?
Please take photos and share on your Facebook and Biketober’s Facebook page.